Promote Your Business
If you are contemplating using radio to deliver your advertising message, we’d like to help you make informed decisions. Here are some of the advantages of using this popular medium.
Americans are on the move, they are listening to radio in their cars. Radio is considered the “mobile medium.”
In-Car Listening Facts:
Arbitron is the rating firm that surveys and analyzes radio usage. A recent national Arbitron sponsored In-Car study found that 96% of those who have driven or ridden in a car in the past month have used the car radio. More than 80% of 35-64 year-olds say they spend most of their time with radio.
Highlights of the Arbitron National In-Car Study
- Americans are in their cars an average of 15 hours per week, up 14% from 1990 to 2000.
- The average commute to work is now 51 minutes round trip.
- 39% say they spend more time in the car now than a year ago.
- The greatest percentage of increase in time-spent-commuting is often in small and medium size markets.
- In-car listening averages 2 hours and 12 minutes weekdays, and 2 hours and five minutes weekends.
- Men spend more time in cars on weekdays. It’s about even between men and women on weekends.
- Since 2000 in-car radio listening has increased.
- 43% say they leave their car radio set to one station.
- Almost all in-car listening is to pre-set stations. People rarely change their pre-sets.
- Radio’s audience size continues to grow. Not only with in-car listening, but at the office too.
Radio is a very popular medium that many people around the world listen to every day. No, streaming isn’t taking over the market. According to Edison Research, Millenials spend an average of 39 minutes per day listening to AM/FM Radio, whereas they only spend 21 minutes listening to streaming services, such as YouTube or Spotify. That extra 18 minutes makes a difference. A distinctly user-friendly medium, radio gives advertisers the speed, flexibility, and immediacy needed to compete and excel in today’s highly competitive and oft-times cluttered marketplace.
If you’re looking to advertise on the radio, we have many different options available.
Please e-mail the following for your respective market: